Kadeline's First Blog

Greetings All!

My name is Kadeline Pujols but I go by Kd. I am interested in learning about art because I used to draw and paint all the time up until I was about 12. Now my hobbies consist of going to the gym, reading, cooking, and self-care. My definition of self-care is cleaning, doing my nails, deep conditioning my hair, and doing my skincare routine. I am active duty military and have been here in Alaska for 2 years now. This is my first duty base and I was not expecting to be living in Alaska. I am from New York City and I am Dominican. It was quite a change coming up here but I have grown to love it, not to the extent to stay here any longer but at a level that made living here bearable.

I would not consider myself to have a meaningful relationship with art. As I previously said I used to paint up until I was 12 years old and after that I kind of let it go. However, I still enjoy going to art museums and looking at art that contains messages that are meaningful to me. Below you will see an art piece by Paru Ramesh that is appealing to me. When it comes to creativity I like to express myself through dressing and music. Although I no longer paint, I do enjoy taking pictures of things. I usually like to take pictures of my friends and the beauty that Alaska has to offer. I do not attend First Fridays or own any art. 

I always think about how two people can interpret art differently. I believe that there is no wrong answer when it comes to what a piece of art means. The video below talks about this topic.


I like to visit this website to see what art shows are currently being advertised. It has a lot of great locations and it works out for me because I like to travel!


Comments

  1. Good Morning Kd!
    This was a great read, I actually didn’t know that you used to paint! It was nice to get to know a different side of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally get what you're saying about self-care. Winters in Alaska could be brutal.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Romantic Era Blog

The Classical Era

The Baroque Era